Yonkers Criminal Defense Lawyer
Your Fight for Freedom Starts Here
From jail time to fines to a criminal record, the impacts of a criminal conviction can be life-altering. Don’t let this happen to you. Instead, fight for your rights and freedom with the help of an experienced and competent attorney who is well-equipped to tackle your charges. At the Law Office of Michael D. Litman, PLLC, our Yonkers criminal defense attorney has helped hundreds of clients in your position overcome their accusations and move forward unscathed.
We strive to help clients achieve the best possible outcomes in their case by providing fierce advocacy, one-on-one guidance, and powerhouse defense strategies. These are some of the many reasons why clients choose our firm to defend their case. Our team brings a wealth of skillsets and insights to the table, and we look forward to leveraging these qualities on your behalf. For high-caliber defense and honest counsel, you’ve come to the right place.
Schedule your free consultation online or at (914) 268-6855!
What Types of Criminal Charges do We Defend?
Criminal charges can range from small misdemeanors to high-stakes felonies. In either case, you should take your accusations seriously, as New York prosecutors surely will. The State can be ruthless in its attempts to put defendants behind bars, but this is no match for our relentless defense lawyer. You can count on us to defend you from criminal charges such as:
- Court crimes: Accused of bribing a witness, tampering with evidence, juror misconduct, or criminal contempt? These are some of the many court crime accusations we can fight for you.
- Disorderly conduct charges: Don’t be fooled, as disorderly conduct charges can warrant harsh fines and lengthy jail time if circumstances call for it. Offenses like public intoxication, excessive noise, loitering, and disturbing the peace are not treated lightly in New York, so it’s in your best interests to retain our firm for proven representation.
- Drug crimes: The “War on Drugs” remains alive and well, believe it or not. As such, if you’re charged with drug crimes such as possession or manufacturing, you need our defense attorney in your corner right away.
- DWI: Unlike most criminal charges, driving while intoxicated is punishable by both criminal and administrative penalties. The NYS DMV may suspend your license, assess points to your driving record, and require you to install an ignition interlock device. On top of that, you're looking at criminal consequences such as jail time and fines.
- Felony charges: A felony conviction is enough to derail your livelihood for years to come. You will lose critical American rights such as the right to vote, the right to purchase a firearm, and the right to financial aid and welfare. For these reasons and more, you need to retain our aggressive defense attorney if you are charged with a felony.
- Fraud crimes: Offenses such as identity theft, forgery, and falsifying business records tend to involve both state and federal authorities. With the stakes so high, it’s important to equip yourself with powerful defense.
- Misdemeanor charges: At best, a conviction for a misdemeanor charge can result in a criminal record and fines. At worst, however, a misdemeanor conviction can warrant up to 1 year in jail and thousands of dollars in fines as well as a criminal record. Thus, don’t make the mistake of believing your misdemeanor charge is “no big deal.” It is!
- Property crimes: Offenses such as burglary, arson, motor vehicle theft, and larceny-theft are some of the top criminal priorities for New York law enforcement officers, therefore, if you are charged with a property crime, it’s best to get legal help right away.
- Prostitution: Backed by little evidence and overwhelming speculation, prostitution charges are beatable. While the odds may seem stacked against you, whether you’re an alleged prostitute pimp, or patron, know that not all hope is lost. We are in your corner.
- Theft crimes: Stealing property is a serious crime in New York. Depending on the value of the reportedly stolen property, you’re looking at felony or misdemeanor charges.
- Violent crimes: From assault to manslaughter, violent crime accusations can wreak havoc on your personal and professional life. Employers, landlords, loan officers, and even your loved ones can turn their backs on you amid a mere charge, let alone a conviction. Despite these obstacles, however, our fearless attorney will work tirelessly to minimize the impacts of your case to help restore your confidence and peace of mind during this difficult time.
- White collar crimes: Often committed by government and business professionals, white collar crimes are characterized by deceit, concealment, or violation of trust. White collar crimes may not involve violence, but they are punished harshly, nonetheless.
What to Do After an Arrest
Many defendants worry about their next steps following a criminal arrest. Many times, it is a defendant’s first time dealing with the justice system. Whether or not it is your first time getting arrested, the bottom line is that you need to call an attorney after your arrest. When you do, they can advise you and prepare you for your next steps in the process, giving you some clarity and confidence as they help you fight your charges. That said, our Yonkers criminal defense lawyer is your go-to advocate for all your defense needs, no matter how complex your case may be.
Discuss your situation with us by scheduling a free consultation online or by calling (914) 268-6855! We are available 24/7 to help you out.
“I think this is the best result I could have hoped for considering my situation.”- Former Client
“I found his services exceptional.”- Former Client
“I'm completely satisfied and once again thanks wish you luck and success on your extraordinary career!”- Former Client